Click here to view full size image
Tokai Love Rock LS CUSTOM SHOP VF HIGH END 59 Les Paul Standard Exotic SOLID Woods WoW!...|
No way...I assure you this is not trick photography this is the real deal...Here we have what I believe to be the best Tokai Love Rock in the US at this time its also the best I have ever picked up and played Wow...and I have had dozens of Tokai Love Rocks over the years from early 1980's high end examples threw to today's latest Custom Shop HQ Tokai offerings. This example just NAILS!!! the Vintage 1959 Les Paul. Okay, all you High-End Tokai enthusiasts… here's the one you've been holding out for!!! This is a new guitar and was built in 2008 Tokai Love Rock Custom Shop LS-I VF 8974 Les Paul Guitar. This guitar has been seriously upgraded sonicly with a set of Motor City Black Belt vintage PAF replica Pickups, This baby is in 100% pristine condition!
For those of you who know about the unbeatable quality of high-end Tokai instruments, you will need no explanation but for those of you who are tired of going through 10-15 Gibson Les Paul guitars, trying to find “THE ONE," here's where your journey can end the best of the best. I've played for over 38 years and have owned many guitars, for me the bulk of which have been Gibson USA and Custom Shop LPs and of course my Vintage 1965 Gibson es335. I'm not going to downgrade Gibson I love the good one's but you usually have to pay $4500-7500 to get one of them, they have made some marvelous guitars through their storied history, but I've had problems in the last few years with finding one that really “sings." I really like the looks and vibe of the R9 VOS guitars and the older R-9's & R-8's , but I was not interested in dropping $5,000 plus to get one this time round.
Then I saw this one in a Custom Shop in Nagoya, Japan, and that was all it took. The look, the feel, the fit, the 59' vibe, the sound, the all nitrocellulose lacquer finish…so I spent $2,200 on this beauty and made one MAJOR upgrade to hand-wound, Motor City Black Belt Pickups ($320.00 upgrade). They were installed and wired by my guitar tech, who is the best in business, bar none. (The original Tokai MKII pickups were marginal at best not bad but sounded nothing like this! These Black Belts pickups are vintage PAF winds with bridge in the 8-9K range…the neck mid 7's. To learn more about these check http://www.motorcitypickups.com/products/blackbelt.htm
Specs are as follows:
· Exotic woods BODY: Top is AAAA Highly Flamed - Figured Eastern Maple top this is a real SOLID TOP and is not a thin veneer or photoflame, The High grade Mahogany Back – is solid, and is ONE-PIECE and is all 100% exotic African Mahogany
· ENTIRE GUITAR FINISH: is ALL 100% Nitrocellulose instrument Lacquer and like glass
· NECK JOINT: IS correct 1959 spec = Long-Tenon Deep Joint
· NECK: One-piece African Mahogany vintage correct frets with perfectly detailed fret edge binding with a glass like feel, inlays are celluloid and correct old school and are aged like a high end Gibson CS Tom Murphy R-9 aged Replica..
· FINGERBOARD: is Exotic dark Rosewood and it looks like its Brazilian Rosewood with that grain seen on the Old Gibson's
· RADIUS: Similar to VOS '59 Reissue,it has some girth, but probably not as much as a '58 Reissue.
· SCALE: 24.75"
· NUT: Bone (43.0 mm – 1.69")
· NECK INLAY: Old school aged Amber Celluloid Trapezoid
· PAF HUMBUCKING PICKUPS: Motor City Black Belt $320 total upgrade
· CONTROLS: 2-Vol, 2-Tone, CTS Pots, 3-Way Switchcraft Toggle
· BRIDGE: HLS-VB & HLS-VT Aluminum Stop Tailpiece feather weight
· TUNERS: Gotoh SD90-SL
· WEIGHT: 9 lbs, 11 oz.
· Genuine Gibson Switchwasher ($10)
· CASE: Optional & Available
The tone of this guitar is exquisite… both clean and over-driven and will not disappoint. The guitar is as new and in mint condition, with maybe a total of an hour of play time…. no nicks, dings, scratches, checks, cracks, buckle-rash…heck, you'll be hard-pressed to find any finger-prints on it, for that matter!
JVG RATED 100% !!!
Guitar $2200, shipping from Japan Custom Shop $150, $320+ in upgrades, I also added a Historic Trussrod cover and will make this purchase complete with an optional RARE original Tokai 59 Reissue Hard Shell case a $300 value case is older in excellent condition...see pics
Any questions feel free to ask up... email us email@example.com
Ready to buy call 408-375-1364
Thank you for your interest